Recently I cam across 2 errors one after another while launching Visual Studio 2015
It has been quite some time I used VS, and now I am getting used to the fact that whatever was running a month before, wont work as expected the next time I open it!
The first error looked something like this
Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.VS.Implementation.SharedProjectFilesPackage, Microsoft.VisualStudio.ProjectSystem.VS.Implementation.Package. XXXXXXX package did not load correctly.
‘Microsoft.VisualStudio.Editor.Implementation.EditorPackage’ package did not load correctly
Well, I tried many things. However some times, the simple tricks get us what is needed!
- Close any instances of Visual Studio running on your computer.
- open the application data folder from the Run command . You can use %appdata% to get quick access.
- Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0 – take backup of all the folders inside and then delete them.
- Go to C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\14.0 – take backup of all the folders inside and then delete them.
- Run Visual Studio as Administrator (this allows all the deleted run-time items to be created without any error).
- Try to open the project giving errors above from this Visual Studio instance